Thursday, May 22, 2014

INVINCIBLE BY ALANA ALBERTSON REVIEW

INVINCIBLE BY ALANA ALBERTSON REVIEW

When I read the synopsis for this book my first thoughts were “Oh wow”. This book was going to be raw, intriguing, and quite possibly very emotional. And it did not disappoint. From the first pages you are drawn into a world of NAVY SEALS. When you think about a SEAL you think hero, be honest. But the hero in this story doesn’t start out as one. Patrick is out looking for a little pleasure and he’s willing to go to a brothel to get it. When he gets there he gets the surprise of a lifetime after he chooses “Star” out of a lineup. 

“My name is Annie Hamilton. I'm an American citizen. I was kidnapped from a cruise ship five years ago. You're my last hope. Please save me.”

Sex trafficking wasn’t unheard of and now he just landed smack dab in the middle of it. But can he believe a whore, a heroin junkie? Can he risk his career? Patrick can’t forget her eyes and the way she pleaded with him to save her. So he does what any SEAL does....he and his two friends try to save the day. But it’s just the beginning. There is much more to the story than they know.

I have read a lot of reviews about this book. And there are some people that really don’t like it...and I just don’t get it. I can’t understand why they didn’t enjoy it. This book was wonderful!! I was sucked in from the beginning. As I read I needed to know what happened. I was curious as to how Annie ended up where she was. Why she hadn’t been found sooner. I loved the relationship between Patrick and his friends Kyle & Vic (and can’t wait to read their stories in the next books). I thought the author was brilliant in the way she described the situations the characters were faced with. There isn’t much I would change about the book, other than make it longer! 

Reviewed by Lesley

BUY LINK: http://amzn.to/1jzlU7W

No comments:

Post a Comment