Sunday, June 15, 2014

***FEATURED AUTHOR OF THE WEEK- JUNE 16-22: NINA G. JONES***



This week's Featured Author of the Week is Nina G. Jones!
Nina G. Jones is the author of the Strapped Series, an erotic suspense/mystery. The Strapped series is dark and gritty, with a touch of humor and romance. 

If you are a fan of Nina's work, please support by sharing this page and spreading the word about the Strapped series. 

Nina will be working on a third installment, though no date has been set for release. 

Description of Strapped (#1):

By all appearances, Shyla Ball has an enviable life: a loyal boyfriend, a great job, and family that loves her. She doesn’t realize how deeply unsatisfied she is until she has an embarrassing encounter with a handsome stranger at a coffee shop. Taylor Holden, a successful businessman, takes a sudden special interest in her and offers her a job she cannot refuse. Soon after, she learns there is much more to this intensely private man than meets the eye. He is hiding many painful secrets, including why it is that he has seemingly plucked her out of obscurity for such a lucrative position. Her “perfect” world is turned upside down by her infatuation towards Taylor and in just a couple of months, her life looks nothing like it did before. While she is frightened by the changes she sees in herself, she cannot resist the lure of Taylor Holden. As Shyla slowly gains Taylor’s trust, she learns of his complex history and how it has molded him into the person he has become. When elements of Taylor’s secret past resurface and threaten to destroy them, Shyla finds out there may be more to Taylor’s story than even he is aware of. Strapped is a story of passion, manipulation, obsession, and family secrets.



20 questions with Nina G. Jones:
1. Ebook or real book? Ebook
2. Coffee or tea? Coffee
3. Boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs!
4. Chocolate or vanilla? Depends. Vanilla ice cream, chocolate everything else. 
5. Dogs or cats? Dogs
6. Meat or salad? Meat
7. Outdoors or indoors? Outdoors
8. Cake or pie? Cake
9. Beer or wine? Wine
10. Men or women? :D Hmmm, depends what we're talking about here... ;)
11. Favorite book? I really don't have one, but if I had to choose, I would say the book that most inspired me is To Kill a Mockingbird. 
12. Favorite author? Don't have one! I hate choosing just one of anything when there are so many great things out there. 
13. Greatest influence? Don't really have one either. I am very intrinsically motivated. 
14. What is #1 on your bucket list? Seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland and Finland. 
15. What do you like most about yourself? My level-headedness.
16. If you had a million dollars to just blow in one day, what would you buy? A vacation around the world for me and my best friends. 
17. What is your greatest accomplishment in life? Writing my books :) I have done other things that others might see as important, but writing is what makes me most happy. 
18. What motivates you? The urge to share a story. 
19. What made you become an author? I have always loved stories, in various formats. Personally, writing has always been my strong suit and so that is how I like to share my stories. 

20. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself with a large catalog of work that I can be proud of, and enjoying like with my husband. :)





LINKS FOR NINA


BOOKS BY NINA



BOOK OF THE WEEK

Gorgeous Rotten Scoundrel

Synopsis: 
He was a pig, a jerk, selfish, callous, crude, tactless, prone to outbursts and gorgeous. The kind of gorgeous where you didn’t even attempt to hide the fact that you were staring. I knew the type: His entire life he has coasted on his good looks, artificial charm, and sex appeal. Everyone wanted to be him or be ON him. I had been hurt by jerks like him before. He was like those guys but far worse. 

I was the unfortunate sucker to be offered a gig I desperately needed as his live-in chef for a Summer in the Hamptons. But I wasn’t like the other girls--the models and socialites who came through the revolving door of his bedroom. I would bite the bullet, take the job, deal with his sexist comments, his expectation that I would fawn over him, and have no problem letting the door hit my ass on the way out when I was done with the gig.

Then something unexpected happened that changed everything and I realized that there may be more to him than the labels I had affixed to his character. Maybe. 

But if he really wanted me, it wasn’t going to be easy, not like everything else in his life. He was going to have to work, I was going to make him miserable. He was going to hate wanting me just as much as I hated myself for wanting him back. 

Heath Hillabrand: International Supermodel. Womanizer. Gorgeous, Rotten, Scoundrel. 

Standalone novel. Appx. 77k words. 

Note: While Nina G. Jones is known for her darker suspense series (Strapped), this is NOT dark. Not even a little. This is a HOT romance novel. There are no crazy plot twists, no one is secretly related to anyone, there are no secret identities, just a fun read with sass and snark! 


Review: 
4 Stars- Maggie Wadsager

Ice Queen vs. Bad Boy Player - Let the games begin!
If you are a reader looking for a book that will get your heart pumping and your panties damp, then this book is just right for you! Very HOT AND EROTIC! I can honesty say I will forever take a second look at underwear ads! Some of the plot twists were very predictable as with most romance stories, but I thought the development of Heath and Sadie throughout the book was perfect and intriguing! Sadie became a very unique character for me with exhibiting every emotion I think any woman would have in her position. Heath is the picture of 'Alpha Male' with enough chivalry tossed in that the reader can't help falling in love with him. The combination of these two is hot enough to set the book on fire!! This book is easy to read and very hard to put down. I would recommend this book to any person looking for a little escape from the mundane. Be prepared for some very naughty and stimulating sexcapades that may very well have you turning to your partner to gain some release!! Happy Reading!

GIVEAWAY


No comments:

Post a Comment