Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Scars of Us ~ Nikki Narvaez ~ Review

The Scars of Us by Nikki Narvaez Review
The Scars of Us is one of the most emotional books I have read to date this year. It touches upon some very sensitive issues – childhood abuse and sexual assault. I will admit it was very difficult to read at times. I think any woman would be affected. The subject matter is scary to think about.

The main story revolves around Kaiya and Ryker.

Kaiya and Ryker met when she is taking his self defense class. They felt an attraction but because of her past Kaiya is unsure if she can move forward and live what she sees as a normal life.

“Why don’t you come home with me?” I suggested with a crooked grin as I pulled her barstool between my legs.

“I can’t,” she replied as she leaned forward, bringing her face only inches from mine.

Closing the distance, I barely grazed her lips as I asked, “Why not? We both know you want to.”

Pulling back a little, she put some distance between our mouths. “Those old demons I mentioned earlier – they haunt you forever.” Before I could respond, she continued, “You don’t want to get involved with me.”


As they begin to get closer and deal with Kaiya’s issues other things around them continue to get in the way. I enjoyed reading how together they were able to overcome everything. This book grabbed me from page one and didn’t let me go until I was finished reading. I needed to know what happed to them. It was a beautifully written story and I can’t wait to see more in the Scars series.

Reviewed by Lesley Peck

4 Stars

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1jOybRA

No comments:

Post a Comment