Saturday, June 29, 2013

TIE ME

By Olivia Cunning


Are you getting a clue as to how much I ADORE Olivia Cunning?  That woman can write a rockstar like no other.  I seriously had just been telling my friends at book club meeting how I had lost my mojo.  I couldn't seem to read anything and enjoy it.  Burnout?  Maybe.  It was disheartening considering reading has always been my thing since I was little.  Last night, I finally loaded Tie Me into Kindle.  OH. MY. GOD.  Olivia Cunning saved me!

Tie Me is the 5th installment of her One Night with Sole Regret series.  Honestly, until Kellen, I had considered Sole Regret to be pale imitators of my beloved Sinners.  While I am not happy with what a pussy Kellen is about his dead girlfriend, I was taken away by the HOT HOT HOT (you get the idea it was SMOKING HOT) monkey love between Dawn and Kellen.  I see them being very good for each other.  I can see a lot of opportunity for the characters to grow and develop.  

Kellen is completely wrecked over death of his girlfriend.  The girl seems like a real piece of work -- made all these stupid "rules" for him when he was obviously a great guy who just wanted to make her happy.  He gave her EVERYTHING while she just limited him.  ANYWAY, he was trying to put her memory to rest and he heard beautiful piano music coming from window next door.......

Dawn is a Grammy winning pianist. She understands a part of Kellen that Sarah never could -- his music. The music brings them together, then they make music together.  

I really recommend this read.  Olivia Cunning never disappoints!  ***ANN***

No comments:

Post a Comment