Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Taking Jessie by JD Alexander Tour Review- 12/11/13


Title: Taking Jessie

Author: J.D. Alexander
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release: October 2013

Goodreads Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18590210-taking-jessie

Amy's Review: Ok where to start.. This book is simply amazingly sweet. Loved Jessie & Beau. At 1st you think wow they can't fall in love that quick, and you just wait for the heartbreak, but guess what- it never comes. Beau loves Jessie with every fiber of his being. Jessie is Beau's world.
The story is amazing & keeps you gripped all the way through. Never a dull moment. You couldn't help but feel what Jessie & Beau were going through; he never let her go through any of it alone. I'm so looking forward to Finding Jessie.
Synopsis:

Beau is a strong military man. Working most of his life on a ranch, he's a cowboy threw and threw. However he's not ready to settle down and live the life of a rancher so he joins the Navy to see the world and experience life. That was until Jessie comes into the picture. He's head over heels in love with her. 
When Jessie leaves Amarillo heartbroken she thinks she is done with men and will never love again. What she doesn't expect to find is true love in the form of a cowboy named Beau. Just when things start to work out for Jessie, her controlling ex-boyfriend, Tommy returns, he threats to harm her because of her new love. 
Will Jessie and Beau live their happily ever after or will anger and jealousy take over. Find out what will happen in Taking Jessie
A Her Sailor Novel.

Author Bio:
Author J.D. Alexander currently resides in Jacksonville, Florida. She’s a Navy wife and mother of three wonderful children. She decided to write when every time she finished reading a novel she would come up with her own ending or beginning. Getting tired of saying "I would have done it this way" she decided to give it a whirl. 
Her sailor and children are her life and spends as much time with them as possible. When not spending time with her family and friends she enjoys helping youth in the community. She also likes to sew and has made special occasion outfits as well as everyday outfits for those she loves. Next to her family and friends she has a deep love; read and you will find her any chance that she has curled up with her e-reader engrossed in a romance novel. 

Teaser:
We lay in each other’s arms for what seemed like forever, trying to catch our breath. My mind started to race and replayed our actions. That was without a doubt the best sex I had ever had. Not only was it hot, passionate sex, it was something else; something almost beautiful. I know I’m starting to sound like some kind of fucking poet, but it was amazing. I’m was in love with this girl and I wanted nothing more than to please her in any way possible. My mind started to wonder and then it occurred to me. I didn’t use a condom. OH SHIT!!

Beau grabbed the bottom of my veil and pulled it over my head. He then leaned down, pulling me close and gently kissed my lips. Then, as if we weren’t close enough, he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tight to deepen the kiss. When we finally parted I was breathless. 

The lines blurred as I drove down the highway. The rain pouring down the windshield mirrored my mood. I hurt like I have never hurt before. I felt lonely and devastated, not worthy. Not worthy of him or his love, of anyone’s love. 

The next thing I know I hear yelling. I try to get up but I can’t I realize that I’m tired up and lying on a hard wood floor. I open my eyes and don’t recognize my surroundings nor do I see Jessie. I then hear what sounds like gun fire and a loud thud. My heart stops and then tarts beating very fast. Where is my Jessie? What just happened?

Buy Links:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1bw5fgm
Amazon CA: http://tinyurl.com/lzq5pu7
Amazon UK: http://tinyurl.com/nyupz9q
Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/lk88bgg


No comments:

Post a Comment