Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Raven's Blood by Cassandra Lawson Review by Tonya

Ravens Blood ~ By Cassandra Lawson

5 (Unexpected) Stars
When I was asked to read and review Raven’s Blood – a Paranormal Romance, I was a little skeptical at first but wanted to give it an honest shot. I mean don’t get me wrong, I loved Twilight (Team Edward) and I am huge fan of The Southern Vampire Mysteries  by Charlaine Harris, but I have mostly been into reading NA romance, erotic, suspense novels. I am so glad I gave it a go, I loved Raven’s Blood. I read this book in one day because it was so addicting.
The story is about the rise of a vampire breed who are created by a crazed man that wanted to rid the country of all the poor people. He and his trusted council come up with a vaccination for a flu virus (which is actually a lethal injection) to distribute and euthanize the unsuspecting people. Something goes wrong in this process and the vaccination ends up turning those infected into vampires. 
Years later the story picks up with Connor, leader of a vampire settlement of “born” vampires, he and his friends try to live peacefully (for the most part) in their own settlement with a select few humans. When Connor and his friends come upon some humans that were stealing medicine from their settlement, instead of killing them, he ends up bargaining with the leader and taking her as his captive in exchange for the freedom of her human friends. And, oh ya…. Raven is a wood nymph. Things get strange, hot, and vicious as the two learn to trust in each other in their situation, especially with all the twists and turns.
I love Connor and Raven, they are both very strong willed and loyal characters. Connor is a fair but tough vampire; he doesn’t hurt humans to be cruel only in necessity. Raven is so fierce; her hatred for vampires runs deep and it is awesome to see her evolve while being surrounded by Connor and his “born” vampires friends. The beautiful thing about this book is it gives you just enough back story and explanation to keep you interested, but no overwhelm you, especially being a paranormal romance. If you have never read paranormal, I would suggest this one, it was a very well written story. There is danger, fighting, betrayal, love, and sex… everything I love in my romance novels, just with some paranormal characters to add a twist.

**Excerpt**

“Don’t run, Raven,” he rasped out. “I’m a predator and in my current frame of mind, I can guarantee that you won’t like the end result if you run.” Raven tried to keep her voice calm, “You would really chase after me? That seems a little barbaric, even for you.” 

BUY LINKS: 






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed Raven's Blood.

    ReplyDelete