Friday, September 25, 2015

Ryker Review Tour by Cheryl Douglas - September 25, 2015

Title: Ryker
Series: Steele Brothers #1
Author: Cheryl Douglas
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: September 10, 2015

Mackenzie Steele assumed she’d be with her husband forever. He's still her best friend and the father of her children. But when weeks turn into months without intimacy, she realizes she's too young to feel so old. She wants to feel desirable again, to find the woman Ryker fell in love with twenty years ago. And there's only one way to do that… by asking him to move out.

Ryker's blindsided when his wife tells him she wants to separate. He knew they’d hit a rough patch, but he’d never allowed himself to imagine his life without her. Now he has no choice. She seems happy without him, living life on her own terms, and he knows if he doesn’t find a place for himself in her new life, it will be too late to save his marriage.
 
 

Review

If you are looking for a down to earth, realistic, romance that you can relate to, this one is for you. This is my first Cheryl Douglas read, but it won’t be my last. She writes her characters with familiarity that makes you feel as though you are reading about your friends. They are down to earth, every day people that you can relate to on a basic level. Even though I had my doubts before reading, Cheryl completely captivated me and kept me hostage in her world till the very end of the book.
Mackenzie Steele is your everyday woman, married to the “bad boy” she fell in love with as a teenager with two boys, she is starting to doubt herself and her marriage. As a stay at home mom, she has kind of let herself go, her love life is on pause, and her husband has lost interest (so she thinks). She decides to take matters in her own hands in the form of a separation from her husband, to find herself again.
Ryker Steele is completely in love with his wife, but he knows deep down, things are not a-okay. Working long hours to build a life for his family has put a strain on their personal relationship. When Mackenzie asks him to move out… he does, because he loves her unconditionally, but he isn’t giving up on their love without a fight.
 T his is a true to your heart story about loving yourself and your soul mate. I absolutely loved the characters and the writing. I cannot wait to read more from this author especially more of the Steele Brothers!
4 stars
Reviewed by Tonya Nichols @ Eye Candy Bookstore


“This story sucked me in and didn’t let go. I was hooked from the first heartbreaking scene and after real life intervened, I was anxious to get back to this story. I had to see what happened. I needed to see Ryker and Mackenzie and their boys happy.” ~ A is for Alpha B is for Books

“This was so far up my street I could have been neighbours!!! Holy Moly what an absolute stonker… loved it! It took me just one chapter to fall head over heels for this book and one day to finish what is one of the most realistically pitched stories that I have engaged with for a while.” ~ Books Laid Bare

“Wow! What a way to start a book off —the moment I read that sentence, geez the prologue, I was hooked! Hooked in the sense that I finished this book in one day. I couldn’t put it down.” ~ Smut- Brarians






When one door closes, another one opens. I closed the door to my business for the last time in 2011, which left me with a decision. What now? Find another location and move my nutrition business, go to work for someone else, or take a chance on my dream? I chose the latter and I’ve never looked back! 

I’ve always loved reading and writing, but it wasn’t until I jumped in with both feet and decided writing would be my career, instead of just a hobby, that my muse woke up from her deep slumber. 

It was like someone flipped a switch inside my head and stories just came pouring out. At the end of the day, I would often look at the keyboard and wonder, ‘Who the heck wrote that? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure it wasn’t me!’ 

I don’t write books. I tell stories, or rather, I allow my characters to tell their stories through me. I’m not a plotter, never have been, never will be. Why? Because I have no idea how the story will evolve and it’s not my place to manipulate it. My job is to get to know these characters, figure out what makes them tick, then follow their journey wherever it takes me. 

When I’m not writing, I’m daydreaming. Thankfully, I have an understanding husband and son who know I’ll re-join the land of the living just as soon as my muse decides it’s quitting time. I don’t work for myself. I work for her. She’s the boss. And I’m okay with that.





HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment