Wednesday, June 5, 2013

BEAUTY FROM SURRENDER 

By Georgia Cates



I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!  I made the mistake of not discovering the first novel, Beauty from Pain, until it was time for BFS to come out, BUT that made my wait so much less destructive to my sanity.  I had it on my list to be read for a long time.  The idea intrigued me -- the PERFECT vacation hot, sexy affair.  No strings attached.  No complications.  Of course, that didn't last long when Laurelyn and Jack Henry fell in love........

You all will come to discover that I cannot stand a weak female character.  Laurelyn is AMAZING! We know that she is better with him, but she can be her own woman too (successful at that).  In BFS, Ms. Cates develops characters I would love to have as neighbors and friends.  I sooooo want to sit down for a glass (or bottle) of wine with them! You will not only <3 <3 <3 the main characters, but Jack Henry's mom is that perfect mom/mother-in-law.

I enjoyed how the problems these people encountered were ones that "normal" people deal with every single day.  How to be in a healthy relationship but also be personally fulfilled. How to find a person who wants you for YOU rather than what you have.  And, heck, I admit it -- the sex was HOT as in sizzling HOT! ;)

It seems that Ms. Cates is going to work on a third installment for those of us who just cannot get enough of the delightful McLachlan family.  I CANNOT recommend this book enough! LOVELOVELOVE it!!!  <3 ann

No comments:

Post a Comment