Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Fine Line by Alicia Kobishop

~The Fine Line by Alicia Kobishop~ 

Review by Tonya N
Logan Tanner and street racing, Yummy!  If you like the Fast and Furious and A Beautiful Disaster, you’re going to love A Fine Line. Olivia Evans is a 17 year old senior that has had a bout of bad luck with the men in her life leaving her. Her father left her and her mother when she was younger and the only other father figures she has had also ended up leaving. To protect herself from feeling that loss again, she decides to never have a romantic relationship with a man, to only be friends. All is going well in her plan until she meets street racer Logan Tanner. 
Logan is really something special, a bad boy with a sensitive side (awhhh) and an awesome yellow mustang (hello… muscle cars ---HOTTTT). When Liv and Logan meet you know they are destined to be something more, but with Liv being the way she is, they become great friends. Throughout the book their relationship grows strong (with some kissing) but, Liv wants to keep Logan as her friend and keeps turning down any romantic advances … not wanting to change anything because she is afraid to lose him. Logan wants more from Liv and he tries (over and over and over) to convince her they could be great together, but Liv keeps running away from it.  
Liv kind drove me a little nuts, I mean, come on… if Logan “freakin” Tanner was knockin on my drawers…I’d drop ‘em… but I guess she was just too traumatized by her mother’s failed relationships. If you want to read a great story about friendship, love, trust, sex, and street racing, this one is for you! I give this stand alone novel 4 stars.

***Excerpt *** (this is the part in the book where Liv is telling Logan she wants to be “straight up” friends and when I fell for Logan)
He turned to climb down from the balcony, but before he did, he looked at me one last time. “You know, the race thing tonight was just an excuse. I was planning on coming here to sweep you off your feet and find a way to kiss you passionately in the moonlight.” He pointed up, directing my attention to the brilliant full moon that I hadn’t noticed until now. My attraction to him seemed to have intensified in the single moment it took me to look back at him. “But I think this will be much more interesting.” 

~Tonya  

Stalk the Author:

Goodreads Profile: (Click Here)  
 
Website/Blog:  www.aliciakobishop.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment