Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Deadly Bet (Summers #1) by Jen Cousineau Review

A Deadly Bet (Summers #1)


Veronica has never had a easy life and it's only getting worse. After escaping from a violent husband and faced with losing her family, Veronica turns to the only people she has left, the Summer Brothers. Can Veronica overcome her fears and her past? Or will her past come back to haunt her?

***WARNING: MULTIPLE SCENES OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND ABUSE. 18+ ONLY***

This book was one that was very different than any other book I have read. It is very dark but at the same time hopeful. I had a hard time at parts in the book because at times there seemed to be a lack of emotion. This can be expected of Veronica due to her history but I felt the lack of emotion was present in all the characters to a degree. With this being said, I will be anxiously waiting for the second installment of this series! I can't wait to hear Trey's story!! 

If you like books with a little danger then you will love this book!

I was given an ARC in return for an honest review.

Reviewed by Maggie Wadsager


LINK: http://amzn.to/1k8YxTq

No comments:

Post a Comment